recipe added Mar 3, 2010 8:23:16 PM byAmanda
Preparation Time30 minutes
Serves1 pie top, or 12-24 cookies
|1 tspn||Vanilla Extract|
1. Beat egg whites on high while gradually adding the sugar, vanilla and flavoring.
2. Beat until the meringue forms firm, silky peaks that stand alone. Be careful not to over-beat!
3. Place the cooled pudding in the pie crust, then use a spatula to top the pudding with the meringue.
4. Preheat oven to 100-110 C and bake until meringue is golden brown and firm to the touch (a toothpick or butter knife will come out clean).
5. Optional garnish: Make a syrup to match the flavor of your meringue or just to accent a plain meringue.