recipe added Dec 6, 2010 9:55:26 PM byDaniel Bingham
This is a delicious and relatively quick meal. It is a rather heavy alfredo sauce, but it goes along way and absorbs a ton of flavor from the mushrooms and onions.
Preparation Time~40 minutes
For the Sauce
|3/4 cup (1 1/2 stick)||Butter|
|1 cup||heavy cream|
|1 cup||parmesan cheese|
|6-8 large or 24 small||baby bella mushrooms||sliced|
|3 small stalks||brocolli||cut into florets|
1. Chop up and prepare all of your ingredients first. You're going to want to have the broccoli ready in a steamer, but hold off on actually steaming them until later. Begin boiling a large pot of water for the pasta, add salt to the water to taste. As soon as the water is boiling add the pasta.
2. In a large sauce pan over high heat melt 1 stick of butter. Add the onions. Sautee until they begin to become clear and are just beginning to caramelize, then add the mushrooms.
3. Cook the mushrooms to your desired state. I like mine nuked, so I let them cook for about 10 - 15 minutes. Stir regularly to ensure the onions don't burn. At this point, turn on the burner under the broccoli and get it steaming.
4. When the mushrooms are ready, push the mushrooms and onions to one side of the pan. Add the remaining butter. As soon as its melted add the heavy cream. Follow shortly with the Parmesan cheese. Mix every thing together well until it forms a smooth sauce coating the mushrooms and onions.
5. Add the broccoli into the sauce and mix to coat. Reduce the heat to low. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. When the pasta is ready serve it with a generous helping of the sauce and enjoy!