Preparation Time1 hour
|1/3 cup||vegetable oil|
|1 and 1/2 cup||pecans|
|1 cup||flax seeds|
|1 cup||sunflower seeds|
|1 cup||pumpkin seeds|
|4 cups||rolled oats|
|1 tablespoon||Vanilla Extract|
|1/3 cup||brown sugar|
1. Combine all seeds and nuts in a large bowl.
2. Mix together the oil, sugar, honey, and vanilla, then pour over the seeds and mix thoroughly. Microwave for a minute or two if you have trouble with the mixing.
3. Spread granola thinly over a large baking sheet and cook at 325 degrees, stirring often. Cook until golden brown.
4. Stirring is a very important part of this recipe! If you don't stir often, the granola will burn, and it will taste nasty and your kitchen will smell!
5. Once the granola has cooled, dried fruit, chocolate, and other things may be added.