Preparation Time~20 minutes
|1 tbsp||fish sauce|
|Several leaves||fresh thai basil||whole|
|one leaf||kaffir lime leaves||cut into thin slices|
|enough to fry the tofu||vegetable oil|
|1 cup||coconut milk|
|1 tbsp||panaeng curry paste|
|8 oz (one rectangle)||firm tofu||cut into small squares|
1. Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and deep fry the tofu until crispy and brown. This can take a little while.
2. Remove the tofu from the oil and add the basil, fry until crispy. Should only take a few minutes.
3. Remove the basil from the oil and add the coconut milk.
4. When the coconut milk is boiling, add the panaeng curry paste and stir to thoroughly mix into the milk.
5. Add the fish sauce and sugar. Reduce the heat and allow the milk to simmer until it thickens. Keep stirring occasionally to ensure it is well mixed.
6. Place the tofu on a serving of steamed rice (we used brown jasmine rice). Spoon some curry over the top and add some shredded lime leaves and whole crispy basil leaves. Enjoy!