Source Pat's Cooking Class
Preparation Timeabout 20 minutes
|about 3/4 lbs||chicken|
|2 tbsp||green curry paste|
|1/2 cup, cut into bite-sized pieces||eggplant|
|1 cup||coconut cream|
|1 and 1/2 cup||coconut milk|
|1/4 cup||sweet basil|
|5-8 leaves||kaffir lime leaves|
|2 tbsp||fish sauce|
|1 for garnish||red spur chili|
1. Cut the chicken into long thin slices. Cut up the eggplant, tear the kaffir lime leaves from the center stems, and pick the basil leaves from the stem.
2. Pour the coconut cream into a hot wok. Add the green curry paste and stir to mix well. Heat until the mixture just begins to develop and oily sheen.
3. Add the lime leaves and chicken. Allow to cook for a minute or two.
4. Add the coconut milk and egg plants. Cook until the flesh of the egg plants begins to look clearer and gelatinous. Add the fish sauce, sugar, sweet basil and chilis and then remove from the heat immediately.
5. Serve over rice and enjoy!