Source The English Kitchen
Preparation Time~30 minutes
ServesMakes enough for Two Pizza Crusts or One Stromboli
|2 1/2 cups||strong flour|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 cup||warm water|
1. Place the warm water in a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and sprinkle the yeast over top. Allow to sit for several minutes to proof the yeast. (about 5)
2. Whisk the flour and salt together. Stir the yeast to dissolve and then stir in the flour mixture and the olive oil.
3. Mix together well, at first with a wooden spoon and then with your hands. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Place in a lightly oiled clean bowl, turning once to coat it with the oil.
5. Cover and allow to rise for 20 minutes before knocking down and proceeding.