Source The English Kitchen
|8 ounces, uncooked||fusilli pasta|
|1/2 lb, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices||asparagus|
|1 cup||frozen green peas|
|1 clove, peeled and minced||fresh garlic|
|1 cup||vegetable broth|
|1/3 cup||heavy cream|
|3 tbsp||fresh lemon juice|
|1 lemon's worth||lemon zest|
|1/4 tsp, freshly ground||ground black pepper|
|wedged to serve||lemon|
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Add the asparagus cuts during the last minute of cooking. Place the peas in a colander. Drain the pasta mixture over top of the peas when done. Set aside.
2. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant and slightly softened, about one minute. Combine the broth and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring to blend well and then stir this into the garlic in the skillet. Bring to the boil, stirring.
3. Cook until thick, stirring constantly for about one minute.
4. Whisk in the cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook and stir for about one minute to heat through.
5. Toss in the pasta and vegetables, stirring to coat well. Garnish with some more freshly ground black pepper if desired and serve with some lemon wedges on the side.