Preparation Time30 minutes
|1.5 lbs.||ground beef|
|1 28 oz. can||crushed tomatoes|
|1 28 oz. can||diced tomatoes|
|2 15 oz. cans||kidney beans|
|2 15 oz. cans||chick peas|
|2 large||sweet onion|
|2 large||green bell pepper|
|2 squares (generally one and a half inch squares each)||semi sweet baking chocolate|
|1 teaspoon||ground cinnamon|
|2 tablespoons or to taste||chili powder|
|1 teaspoon||brown sugar|
|1 stick (1/2 cup)||butter salted|
1. Brown the ground beef in 1/2 stick of butter. Organic beef or bison are best.
2. Chop and saute onions in remaining butter. Add to browned beef.
3. Add remaining canned ingredients to beef and onion mixture, including crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, drained kidney beans, and drained chick peas. Add chili powder, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Allow mixture to reach a simmer.
4. Dice and add green peppers. Add chocolate and stir simmering mixture to ensure it has melted and is distributed evenly. Allow to simmer another ten minutes. Add salt to taste, but remember that the canned tomatoes and beans already contain salt so you may not need much!
5. Serve either alone with grated cheese or over rice.