|1 lb||linguine or fettuccine|
|1/2 c||dry white wine|
|2 t||lemon juice|
|1/2 c plus 3 T||olive oil|
|1 1/2 lb||mushrooms|
|1/4 t||fresh ground pepper|
|2 1/2 t||garlic||minced|
|for pasta water||salt|
1. In a covered stockpot, bring 4 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil
2. Wipe mushrooms clean with damp paper towels. Slice thinly.
3. In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, toss to coat with oil, and continue tossing until mushrooms exude their juices, about 5 minutes.
4. Add white wine, lemon juice, and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook rapidly until liquid evaporates, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently with wooden spatula.
5. When liquid has evaporated, stir in 1/4 c of olive oil, pepper, and parsley. Taste for seasoning. The sauce should be slightly salty and peppery. Remove sauce from heat and set aside until the pasta is cooked.
6. Add pasta to the boiling water. Boil until the noodles are tender but still firm. Drain immediately.
7. Heat the remaining olive oil (3 T) in pasta pot over low heat. Add noodles and using 2 wooden spoons toss to coat.
8. Reheat mushroom sauce over low heat.