Source The English Kitchen
|500g, cut into wedges||charlotte potato|
|1 tsp||cracked black pepper|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|4||skin-on boneless chicken breasts|
|one small packet||chopped pancetta lardons|
|1 clove, peeled and crushed||fresh garlic|
|1/2 cup||chicken broth|
|2 tbsp||whole grain french mustard|
|300 ml||double cream|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200*C/400*F. Combine the potatoes, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl. Tip them onto a large shallow baking tray in a single layer. Roast uncovered in the heated oven for 20 minutes or until just beginning to brown.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add a tiny bit of oil and then brown the chicken breasts well on both sides. Place the chicken, in a single layer, over top of the potatoes and roast for an additional 10 minutes, until the potatoes are nicely done and the chicken juices run clear.
3. Steam or boil the asparagus for several minutes, until just tender. Drain and keep warm.
4. Place the pancetta lardons in a nonstick skillet and brown over medium high heat, until nicely crisped. Drain off all of the fat. Add the garlic to the pan and cook, stirring until fragrant. Don't brown. Tip in the broth. Bring to the boil, scraping up the pan drippings and crispy bits. Boil until reduced by half. Add the cream and mustard. Bring back to the boil. Boil, stirring, until the mixture thicken slightly.
5. Divide the asparagus between 4 heated plates. Top with the potatoes. Spoon on half of the sauce. Lay the chicken breast on top and then spoon the remaining sauce over top. Serve immediately.