Preparation Time2 hours
|4-5, peeled, cored, and diced||apple|
|3 t||baking powder|
|1 C||vegetable oil|
|1/4 c||orange juice|
|1 t||Vanilla Extract|
1. In a qt measuring cup (or medium bowl) combine the apples, 1 T sugar, and cinnamon. Mix and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 325°F
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the oil, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla. Mix the liquid and dry ingredients well.
5. Grease and flour a 10" tube pan. Spoon half the batter into the pan and spread as evenly as you can.
6. Spread the apple mixture over the batter, and then spoon the remaining batter over the apple mixture.
7. Bake at 325°F on the middle rack for 1 hour and 15 minutes.