Source The English Kitchen
|8 thick slices||ciabatta|
|1 fat clove, peeled and cut in half||garlic|
|1 large, cut into florets -- about 2 lbs||cauliflower|
|1 cup, grated||gruyere cheese|
|1 cup, grated||sharp cheddar cheese|
|1/2 cup, grated||red Leicester cheese|
|1 tbsp||dijon mustard|
|2 large, beaten||egg|
1. Pre-heat the broiler. (Grill) Place the slices of ciabatta onto a rack and then lightly toast them under the grill on both sides. Remove from the grill and rub the cut side of the garlic over one side of each slice of bread. Set aside.
2. Bring a saucepan of slightly salted water to the boil and drop in the cauliflower florets. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until it is tender when you prod it with a knife. Drain very well.
3. Mix the cheeses, mustard, eggs, beer and cream together in a bowl.
4. Put the toasted ciabatta pieces onto a baking tray. Arrange some of the cauliflower on top of each one. Divide the cheese mixture amongst the pieces of toast, making sure you cover all of the cauliflower.
5. Place under the grill and toast them until they are golden brown and bubbling. Let sit for about 5 minutes before removing to hot plates to serve. Season with some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.