Source Olive to Cook
|1 - 2 cups||Italian bread crumbs|
|1/2 cup||parmesan cheese||grated|
|2||boneless chicken breasts|
1. Rinse and dry chicken breasts. Rip 2 pieces of plastic wrap, about one foot-square each. Place one piece of plastic rap on a cutting board, place one of the chicken breasts in the center and cover with the other piece of plastic wrap. Pound chicken with a mallet (the flat side) until flattened. The chicken cutlet will be pretty big. Cut cutlet in 2 or 3 pieces, depending on your preference. Repeat with the other chicken breast.
2. In a large saute pan, coat the bottom with canola oil. Heat over medium heat.
3. In a large saute pan, coat the bottom with canola oil. Heat over medium heat.
4. Take one of the chicken cutlets, dip it into the flour on both sides (coating well), then dip into the egg on both sides, and the into the bread crumb/cheese mixture on both sides. Place breaded cutlet on a plate. Repeat with the remaining cutlets. Add bread crumbs to that last bowl until finished.
5. Fry cutlets in the canola oil until crisp and cooked through, adding more oil to the pan as needed.