Preparation Time20-30 minutes
|4 tablespoons||dried oregano|
|4 tablespoons||dried basil|
|1/2 cup||shredded parmesan or romano cheese|
|1.5 cups||mozzarella cheese shredded|
|8 cloves||fresh garlic||crushed|
|4||sub sandwich rolls|
|6||roma tomatoes||thinly sliced|
1. Spread the garlic and butter on the opened submarine sandwich rolls, then place in the oven until the butter melts.
2. Put the sliced fresh tomatoes sprinkled with the basil and oregano on one half of each of the sandwich rolls, then place under broiler for five minutes on high heat. Be careful to watch the bread.
3. Take the tomatoes out, add a thin layer of parmesan or romano, then put back in the broiler for another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is lightly browned. Remove from broiler.
4. Take the other halves of the sandwich rolls and cover with shredded mozzarella, then broil for 5 minutes of until lightly browned.
5. Put the sandwich halves together and enjoy!