Preparation Time15 minutes
Serves4 to 6 people
|to taste||olive oil|
|3 tablespoons||dried basil|
|3 tablespoons||powdered garlic|
|3 tablespoon||dried parsley|
|1 can (28 oz)||tomato puree|
|1 pound||ground beef|
|to taste||black pepper|
1. Set a large pot of water (several cups) of water to boiling on the stove. Add salt to taste.
2. When it reaches a roiling boil add the pasta, then reduce the heat to medium low, cover and allow to cook.
3. While the water is boiling, brown the beef in a medium sized sauce pan. If the beef is very lean, add olive oil to taste.
4. When the beef is brown add the basil and the garlic. Mix well so that the spices are evenly distributed.
5. Add the can of tomato puree to the beef. Mix well and then reduce the heat and allow the tomato to slowly heat up. If you do not reduce the heat it will bubble and splash.
6. When the tomato sauce is heated, add the parsley and mix in. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until the pasta is ready.
7. Serve together, with Parmesan or Romano cheese.