Preparation Time2 hrs
|2||9-inch Pyrex pie dish||greased|
|1/4 tsp||ground ginger|
|1/4 tsp||ground clove|
|3 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp||ground nutmeg|
|1/2 cup||white sugar|
|1/2 cup||brown sugar|
|1 cup||whole cream|
|8 oz||cream cheese||softened|
|1||favorite pie crust for a 9 inch pan||unbaked|
|2||pie pumpkins||fresh, ripe|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly beat together egg and egg yolk. Grease both pie dishes, and place crust into one. Set your edges however you like. For pie crust recipes, see either my standard pie crust, gluten free crust or Gingersnap crust.
2. Using a food processor, cream together softened cheese, pumpkin, sugars, salt and spices.
3. Mix eggs, cream and vanilla together in a separate bowl.
4. Blend all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
5. Spoon into pie crust 1/4 below the top edges of your crust. Spoon the rest into the other greased pie dish. Bake until set (50 or so minutes). I start knife testing at 40 minutes. The crustless pie will be done by now.
1. Cut the tops off of your pumpkins and gut them. Place two tblspns butter in each, replace tops and bake for 2 hours at 350 F.
2. Mash with 1/2 cup butter until there are no clumps. Place in a cheese cloth lined strainer over a bowl. Refrigerate over night.