|2||large acorn squash||prepared|
|1 tbsp||corn starch|
|1/2 cup||brown sugar|
|3/4 cup||pure Maple syrup|
|2 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp||ground nutmeg|
|1/4 tsp||ground cloves|
|1||preferred pie crust||unbaked, set in greased dish|
|3/4 cup||unsalted butter||room temp.|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Sift together starch and spices.
2. Lightly beat eggs together and mix with prepared squash, sifted spices, sugars, maple syrup, and buttermilk.
3. Spoon into pie crust and bake for an hour (or until set). Allow to cool and serve!
1. Cut the tops off of your acorn squash and gut them. Place two tbspns of butter inside each one. Put the tops back on and bake at 350 F for about 1.5-2 hours.
2. Allow to cool for about an hour. Spoon out your squash into a large mixing bowl. Mash with 1/2 cup of butter until there are no chunks.
3. Get a strainer, and line it with cheese cloth. Spoon your squash into here, and cover with plastic wrap. Let drain over night.