Source adapted from Migi's Kitchen
Preparation Time45 minutes
|1/2 cup||green onions||cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1/4 cup||vegetable oil|
|24||dried anchovies||(for broth)|
|2 10x10 inch sheets||roasted seaweed||cut into 1 inch pieces (for broth)|
|1 teaspoon||seasame oil|
|1 tablespoon||hot bean paste|
|1 cup||shrimp, clams, etc||cut in 1 inch pieces|
|1/2 cup||garlic chives||cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 package||extra soft tofu||cut insmall pieces|
|1 cup||yellow onion||finely chopped|
|1 and 1/2 cup||bean sprouts|
|1/4 cup||soy sauce|
1. Boil the anchovies and seaweed in 4 cups of water for 20 minutes. Strain out the solid pieces, keeping the broth.
2. Saute the onions, garlic, paprika, and hot bean paste in the vegetable oil until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the sesame oil and the chopped kimchi and continue to saute for another 5 minutes. If using uncooked seafood, add that at this time as well.
4. Add the chopped tofu, all of the broth, and the soy sauce, and bring to a boil.
5. Add the vegetables and let boil an additional 2-3 minutes until the bean sprouts are tender.
6. Serve with rice.