Source Chez Pim
Preparation Time30 minutes
|500 grams||rice stick noodles||soaked for 15 minutes|
|1 package||firm tofu||cut into bite-sized pieces|
|1 pound||bean sprouts|
|1/2 cup||garlic chives||cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1/2 cup||vegetable oil|
|1/4 cup||fish sauce|
|4 tablespoons||soy sauce|
|1/4 cup||tamarind paste|
|1/4 cup||white sugar|
|3-6 tablespoons||paprika||(add according to spice preferences)|
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl or glass.
2. Fry the tofu in the oil in a wok or large saute pan until brown at the edges.
3. Add the rice noodles (which will at this point still be somewhat stiff), the sauce, and 1/2 cup of water. Boil until the sauce is viscous and the noodles are tender. If you need to, add more water (in small amounts) and continue to boil until the noodles are ready.
4. Push the noodles to the side of the pan and add the scrambled eggs, cooking until done.
5. Add the shrimp and ground peanuts and fry for 1 minute.
6. Add the beansprouts and garlic chives and continue to fry until the shrimp are cooked through.
7. Serve with limes.