Source Plate Fodder
|1 cup raw or 2 cups cooked||elbow macaroni|
|2 large or 3 medium||eggs|
|3 cups||Cheddar cheese||2 cups sliced to 1/4 in thick, 1 cup grated|
|1 tbsp||Butter||to grease the pan|
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Grease a 9" x 4" x 3" Pyrex loaf pan.
3. Place a layer of macaroni in the bottom of the dish ( use 1/2 of the macaroni).
4. Cover the top of the pasta layer with sliced cheese.
5. Repeat the layer with the remaining pasta.
6. Add the remaining cheese to the top.
7. In a separate bowl - beat together the Eggs and Milk until well combined, - about 2 minutes.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste
9. Pour the custard mixture over the pasta and cheese
10. Top with the grated cheese.
11. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes at 375 - (check at 25 minutes, stick a knife into the center of the dish, if it is still milky, check again every 5 minutes until the center is clean).