Source Plate Fodder
|1/2 lb||lard||room temperature|
|1 lb||all-purpose flour|
|1 cup||cooked plumbs|
|1 1/2 cups||sugar|
1. Beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
2. Add the eggs and beat another minute, or until smooth and lemony looking.
3. Add the cream and mix well with a spoon - Do Not Beat.
4. Take your prepared pie crust and lay the plum halves cut side up in the bottom of the crust.
5. Carefully pour the custard mixture over the plums.
6. Bake in the oven at 325 for 30 minutes.
7. Cool completely before cutting or serving.
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Make a mound of flour, scoop a well in the middle, and fill it with the lard, sugar and yolks.
3. Use a fork or pastry cutter to combine the ingredients, handling the dough as little as possible (don't knead it). Once you have obtained a uniform dough press it into a ball and cover it with a damp cloth.
4. When you are ready for the crust, roll it out for a 9" x 2" pie pan.
5. Line the pan, Make the little crust ripples (if you know how).
6. Bake lightly (about 15 minutes) or until the crust is just barely browned.
7. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack...in the pan - otherwise you're going to have a mess when it comes time to fill it.