Source Plate Fodder
|4 large||white onions|
|4 strips||hickory smoked bacon||raw|
|4 tbsp||light brown sugar|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
1. Preheat Oven to 400.
2. Cut the tops and bottoms off the onions and peel off the outer skin.
3. Make 2 cuts in the top of the onion to make a cross hatch - about 1/4 of the way down the thickness.
4. Place an onion on the foil square.
5. Wrap the onion around the middle with a strip of raw bacon.
6. Place 1 Tablespoon of the brown sugar on top of the cross hatch you just made.
7. Add the Salt and Pepper.
8. Bring the corners of the foil up and make a purse for the package - seal the foil so that no steam escapes.
9. Repeat for each onion.
10. Place the foil packets on a baking pan.
11. Bake at 400 for about 1 hour - Baked onions will take about as long as a baked potato to cook.