Source Fresh Slow Cooking
Preparation Time15 minutes
|5 lb||skinless whole chicken|
|0.5 tsp||black pepper|
|1 tsp||garlic powder|
|0.5 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|1 cup||louisiana hot sauce|
|1 cup||sriracha chili sauce|
|0.5 tsp||liquid smoke|
|0.5 lb||melted butter|
1. Remove skin from chicken and pat dry.
2. In a small bowl, stir the honey, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne and salt together. Rub all over the chicken. Place the chicken inside your slow cooker insert.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the two hot sauces and liquid smoke.
4. Whisk in the melted butter and pour over the chicken.
5. Cook on low for 8-10 hours (or high for 4-5 hours). If you’re using boneless chicken you can get away with 8 hours on low (or 4 hours on high).
6. Transfer the chicken to a platter or cutting board and pull the chicken off the bones using two forks.
7. Stir the meat into the sauce remaining in your slow cooker and serve with your favourite side, or on bun.