Source Pressure Cooker Diaries
Preparation Time1 hour
Serves7 - 9 servings
|1 cup canned or fresh||pumpkin|
|1 teaspoon||orange peel|
|1 & 1/4 cup||sugar|
|2 (8 ounce) packages||cream cheese|
|1/2 cup||pecans||toasted and finely chopped|
|1/2 cup||Graham cracker crumbs|
|1 cup||water||to be added to the pressure cooker|
1. First step is to make the pecan crust. Add the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and butter (the first 5 ingredients listed here). Combine and press them into the bottom and sides of the spring form pan. That's it. Set this aside.
2. Make the Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling: In a large bowl add the cream cheese, sugar, and orange peel. Beat for about a minute or so then beat in the eggs, one at a time until they are thoroughly mixed.
Now add the pumpkin, butter, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, beating as you go and until smooth.
Pour the batter over the crust in the springform pan. Cover with 2 layers of paper towels and top with a layer of tinfoil. Crimp the edges of the tinfoil covering so it is tight around the springform.
3. In order to get the springform pan out easily you will need to do a little engineering. Build a foil harness by almost folding/rolling a large sheet of tinfoil lengthwise until you have a long strip that is several layers thick. Place the cheesecake pan into the harness and lower it into the pressure cooker onto the steam basket or the metal stand. Fold in the sides of the harness and lock the pressure cooker lid.
4. Heat on high until pressure is reached then immediately reduce heat to maintain a constant pressure signified by a small amount of steady steam.
Cook for 26 minutes. When the time is up, turn off the heat and just let the pressure cooker cool for about 45 minutes. The pumpkin cheesecake will continue to setup inside.
5. After around 45 minutes have passed, open the pressure cooker and remove the cheesecake. You can now remove the cheesecake pan cover and discard the paper towels. Place just the tinfoil back on top and stick it in the refrigerator on a wire rack. Let the cheesecake cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
6. This is our new favorite pumpkin recipe. Wow is it good. This was our first cheesecake and we will admit and say it was easy and tough at the same time. We didn't follow the timing directions as closely as we should have and ours was a little soft but nothing some freezer time couldn't fix.