Preparation Time1.5 hours
|6||small pumpkins||opened at the top with the seeds scooped out|
|1/2 cup||yellow raisins|
|1 small||yellow onion||finely chopped|
|1 cup||chesnuts||roasted and chopped|
|1 teaspoon||masala powder|
|1 teaspoon||curry powder|
|2 cups||beef stock|
|1 tablespoon||olive oil|
1. Caramelize the onions in the olive oil on low heat.
2. Add the raisins and continue to saute on low heat for five minutes.
3. Add the chestnuts, curry and masala powder, rice, and beef stock and simmer until stock is completely absorbed.
4. Put roughly 1/2 cup of the stuffing inside of each roasted pumpkin and serve hot.
1. Carve out the inside of the pumpkins like you would a jack-o-lantern.
2. Fill the pumpkins with water, then place in a roasting pan with 1/2 inch of water in it.
3. Put the lids on the pumpkins, and roast at 375 F until fork tender on the inside.