Source Modified my Mother's Recipe
Preparation Time20 minutes + 30-45 minutes baking time
|3 tbsp||Bell's Seasoning|
|1 lb||country sausage||mild|
|1 loaf||stale white bread|
1. Break the white bread into chunks and add to a large mixing bowl.
2. In a large frying pan, cook the sausage breaking it up into small chunks. When cooked, pour the contents of the frying pan -- sausage and grease -- into the mixing bowl.
3. Return the frying pan to the stove and use it to melt the butter. Sautee the chopped onions to taste. I like them just this side of caramelized, but however you like them is fine. When they are finished, pour the contents of the pan -- onions and any extra butter -- to the mixing bowl.
4. Toss the contents of the bowl to thoroughly mix them. Add the Bell's Seasoning, mixing it in as you go.
5. This stuff can be added to the turkey at this point or cooked in a baking pan for 30 - 45 minutes, until brown on top.