|6||Chicken Breasts||bone-in, skinless|
|1/4 cups||Green Onion||sliced|
|1/4 cups||apple cider||or unsweated apple juice|
|1 1/2 cups||sliced red bell pepper|
|1/2 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1 tsp||vegetable oil||or grapeseed oil|
|5 cups (5 medium apples)||apples||peeled, cored, finely|
1. Toss chicken in a bowl with vegetable oil. Add salt and pepper, and toss some more to season the chicken breasts.
2. Sear chicken breasts in skillet over high heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Place into the slow cooker.
3. Combine the chopped apples, honey, cider and bell pepper in a bowl and stir. Pour over the chicken.
4. Cook on low setting 4-5 hours or 2-2 1/2 hours on high.
5. Transfer the chicken breasts to plates. Stir the green onions into the apple mixture, then pour approximately 1 cup over each chicken breast to serve.