|3/5 cups||lime juice|
|1 1/2 cups (2 medium)||red onion||thinly sliced|
|3 lbs||skinless boneless chicken thighs|
|4 cups (4 medium)||bell peppers||sliced|
|2||chili peppers||finely chopped (seeds and ribs removed)|
|2 tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|3 tsp||brown sugar|
1. Place the onions and chicken into the slow cooker.
2. Whisk the lime juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chili peppers and cilantro in a bowl, then pour over the chicken.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours.
4. Change the setting to high, and stir in the peppers. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes (until the peppers are easily punctured with a fork). If you prefer, you can place the peppers on top of all the other ingredients and cook them for the whole 6 hours, they just get a little softer.
5. Transfer the chicken thighs to a bowl, remove the bones and shred the meat using two forks.
6. Using a slotted spoon, add the onions and peppers to the chicken and stir together. Add just enough sauce to keep the chicken moist.