Preparation Time45 minutes
ServesI'd say...5 servings
|1||spicy italian sausage||remove the casing, or just buy ground sausage. sausage to begin with.|
|1/4 lb||ground beef|
|2-3||cloves of garlic||minced|
|3 cans||beans||your choice. I tend to use 1 kidney, 1 pinto, 1 black. other options include chick peas and great northerns.|
|2 cans||tomatoes||diced or crushed. I used one of each just now.|
|1/2 cup||frozen corn|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
|lots and lots||chili powder|
|to taste||cayenne pepper|
|a splash||red wine||use cheap/opened cooking wine.|
1. Heat a big pot over medium heat. Crumble sausage and ground beef into it.
2. Add the minced garlic and diced onions. Add some salt, pepper, and chili powder. Saute everything until meat is cooked.
3. Drain and rinse the beans. Add those to the pot. Stir.
4. Add the tomatoes to the pot. I rinse the cans and add that water to the pot as well.
5. Add some wine, frozen corn, a lot of chili powder (to taste), some ground cayenne pepper, and some cinnamon. Stir everything together. Then leave it alone to simmer for awhile. Like...30 minutes.
6. Near the end, cook some macaroni if you want chili mac. nom.