Preparation Time6-7 hours
|1/2 bottle||dry red wine|
|2 tablespoons||salted capers|
|1 teaspoon||dried thyme|
|1.5 teaspoons||dried rosemary|
|2 medium||tomatoes||cut in large pieces|
|2 medium||carrots||cut in large pieces|
|2 medium||onions||cut in quarters|
|2 lbs||lamb shanks||cut into 2-inch lengths|
|3 tablespoons||olive oil|
|2||beef boullion cube|
1. Mix together the shank dressing, and coat each lamb shank. Brown on medium heat in the butter and olive oil.
2. Move the shanks into a crock pot and set aside. In the remaining oil, brown the onions, carrots, and spices until fragrant.
3. Transfer all ingredients to the crock pot, and add enough red wine to completely cover the solids. Simmer on high for 4-6 hours, until shanks are very tender.
4. Remove shanks from the crockpot, and strain the broth into a saucepan. Discard the solids, and simmer the broth until thick, like a sauce.
5. Remove shank meat from the bones, then serve with the sauce.