Source Simply in Season by Mary Beth Lind and Cathleen Hockman-Wert
|2 tbsp||tarragon||fresh, chopped|
|1 tbsp||Thyme||fresh, chopped|
|1 tsp||salt||(or to taste)|
|4 cups||chicken broth||or vegetable broth|
|1/4 cup||olive oil|
1. Heat the oil in a large soup pan over medium low heat. Add the onion, leeks and celery. Cook until the leeks are just beginning to wilt -- it should take about 15 minutes.
2. Add the tarragon, thyme and salt and pepper. Stir them in.
3. Add the broth (vegetable or chicken) and the potatoes. Cover the pot and simmer until the potatoes are tender. It should be about 15 minutes -- depending on the size of your dice.
4. Add the spinach and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Remove the soup from the heat and puree. If using a food processor go in batches. Return the soup to the pot over low heat.
6. If you are using the milk, add it now and all the soup to heat. If you wish a thicker consistency allow it to simmer for longer. If you want a thinner one, add more broth or water. Serve and enjoy!