Preparation TimeAbout 10-15 minutes.
Serves2-4 servings dependent on tuber size.
|to taste||black pepper|
|1-2 large or medium||sweet potato||cubed|
|1 tablespoon||brown sugar||(I use dark brown myself)|
1. Cube potato(es) into a bowl. I used one large potato. It made about 2 cups of potato. Add a bit of water to the bowl.
2. Put butter into skillet (I prefer cast iron. Seriously. SO good.) Put on MEDIUM heat to melt it.
3. Microwave potatoes for 5 minutes (or until slightly soft) You may also boil the cube, but that will add cooking time. I would boil them for about 10 minutes.
4. Drain, salt, pepper and brown sugar the potaoes.
5. Drop potatoes into hot butter and fry till somewhat crisp. Continuously turn them. Remove from heat when slightly crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Drain off excess butter and serve.