Preparation Time~30 minutes
|1/4 lb||spaghetti||Other pasta is acceptable|
|1 cup, unpacked||baby spinach||estimate, I just used several large handfuls|
|1 medium to large||tomato||fresh from the garden if possible, heirloom otherwise; cut into medium sized chunks|
|2-4 oz||goat cheese|
|2-3 medium cloves||garlic||minced|
|several leaves||fresh basil||torn into small pieces|
|2-3 tbsp||olive oil|
1. To start, set some water to boiling and add salt. When it reaches a roiling boil add the pasta. Let it boil and cook.
2. While the water is boiling, prepare the ingredients. Mince the garlic, cut up the tomato, gather the spinach, and tear up the basil.
3. When the pasta is close to being done, in a large skillet heat the oil on high. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two, until just starting to turn golden.
4. Add the spinach and sautee until it is wilted.
5. At this point, turn off the heat, but do not remove the pan. Add the tomato chunks and toss with the spinach.
6. Drain and add the pasta and toss to mix.
7. Add the goat cheese and basil and toss to mix. The goat cheese should melt and coat everything. The basil should just barely wilt from the remaining heat. You don't want it to wilt too much, or it'll lose it's flavor.
8. Serve and enjoy!