Preparation Time45 minutes
|1/2 tsp.||ground clove|
|1 tsp.||ground ginger|
|2 tsp.||baking soda|
|2 1/2 cups||unbleached or all-purpose flour|
|1 cup||olive oil|
|1 28 oz. can||pumpkin puree|
|1 cup||raisins||plumped by soaking for one minute in boiling water|
|1 tsp.||Vanilla Extract|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine wet ingredients: pumpkin puree, eggs, olive oil, milk and vanilla. Stir until blended.
2. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, salt, and baking powder. Stir until blended.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredient mixtures. Add raisins. Stir until blended.
4. Line muffin tin with paper muffin or cupcake cups. Fill each cup 3/4 full. Batter will be heavy and the consistency of pudding.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F until muffins are firm and spring back to the touch. Serve warm with cream cheese or cut in half and serve with vanilla ice cream.