Source Annie's Eats
Preparation Time45 minutes
|2 cups + 2 tsps||flour|
|1 tbsp||baking powder|
|12 tbsp||Butter||cold and cut into small pieces|
|4 oz||cheddar||finely shredded|
|1/2 cup||fresh dill||finely chopped|
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl or food processor. Mix together.
2. Add the butter pieces to the dry ingredients and cut together, using a fork, your fingers, or a food processor. Continue until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
3. Add the cream and eggs to the mixture, and mix just until the ingredients are combined.
4. Add the cheddar and dill, and mix only until the mixture is homogenous. Do not overmix, or your scones will be tough!
5. You can either roll the dough into a flat square now, or you can chill it for a while first. It will be stick if you don't chill it, so I recommend putting it in the fridge for an hour until it firms up a little.
Roll the dough into a flat square, roughly 1 to 1.5 inches thick. Cut in quarters, then cut each quarter in half diagonally to yield 8 triangular scones.
6. Lay the scones out on parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.