|2 lbs||Semi Sweet Chocolate Bars||(or Pieces)|
|2||Do this in batches - one for each side||(Which means Double every thing below)|
|1 Teaspoon||Pure Vanilla Paste|
|1 Cup||Agave Syrup|
|1 Cup||So Delicious Coconut Milk|
|1 Cup||So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer||(Unflavored)|
|2 1/4 Cups||Packed Brown Sugar|
|1 Cup||Smart Balance "Lite" Butter Substitute|
|2 Tablespoons + 2 tablespoons||sea salt|
|2 Cups||Pecan Halves|
|2 Tablespoons||Smart Balance Lite|
|1 Teaspoon||vegetable shortening|
1. Salted Pecans:
2. 2 Cups Pecan Halves
3. 2 Cups Water
4. 2 Tablespoons Sea Salt
5. Large Sauce Pan
6. Preheat the oven to 250
7. Non Stick Baking Pan
8. 3 Large Sheets of Parchment Paper
9. Bring the water, pecans and salt to a boil in the pot.
10. Boil for a full 2 minutes, then set the pot off and allow to cool to warm.
11. Drain, spread the nuts in a single layer on the pan and bake for 2 hours at 250
12. You will need to turn the nuts occasionally to speed up the drying / toasting process
13. Cool and set aside
14. Place the pecan pieces in star patterns on the parchment paper
15. Next, Caramel:
16. 1 Cup Smart Balance "Lite" Butter Substitute
17. 2 1/4 Cups Packed Brown Sugar
18. 1 Cup So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer (Unflavored)
19. 1 Cup So Delicious Coconut Milk
20. 1 Cup Agave Syrup
21. 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Paste
22. Large Sauce Pan
23. Candy Therometer
25. Glass or Pyrex Cooling Bowl
26. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the butter substitute over low heat
27. Add the brown sugar, So Delicious Coconut Milk and Creamer, and syrup - stir to mix well
28. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture boils - stirring constantly
29. Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan
30. Reduce heat to medium; continue boiling at a moderate heat, stirring frequently, until the thermometer registers 248°F - that's "firm ball stage" but the caramel wotn actually make a firm ball, just trust the temp.
31. Watch temperature carefully during the last 10 to 15 minutes of cooking as temperature can increase quickly at the end.
32. Remove saucepan from heat and remove the thermometer.
33. Stir in vanilla.
34. Quickly pour mixture into the cooling bowl and bring to room temperature
35. Spoon 1 Teaspoon of the caramel into the center of each pecan "star"
36. Sprinkle the top of the caramels with a little sea salt
37. Allow to cool completely
38. And Finally, Chocolate
39. Do this in 2 batches - (Which means Double every thing below) one for each side
40. 2 lbs Semi Sweet Chocolate Bars (or Pieces)
41. 2 Tablespoons Smart Balance Lite
42. 1 Teaspoon Vegetable Shortening
43. Medium Microwave-proof Bowl
45. Place all the ingredients into the bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds
46. Remove and stir - stir - stir until the chocolate is silky and glossy
47. Flip the turtles upside down on the racks and coat the underside completely with chocolate
48. Allow to cool completely