Preparation Time40 mins
Serves2-3 personal pizzas
|8||cherry tomatoes||Cut in half|
|1 cup||mashed potatoes|
|1 small can||tomato paste|
|3||garlic cloves||Coarsely chopped|
|1||roasted red pepper||I made my own, but you can buy these|
|1 small||onion||Cut into half moon slices|
|1 1/2 teaspoon||balsamic vinegar|
|2 Tablespoons||olive oil|
|thyme to taste||to taste|
|cayenne pepper||to taste|
1. If you're cooking your own mashed potatoes and roasting your own red pepper then start those first. I made my mashed potatoes with two potatoes, salt and soy milk and a roasted red pepper by charring a pepper over a gas stove and pealing off the skin once it cooled (Look up how to roast your own pepper! It's easy and saves you money!) *pre-heat your oven, if you have one :)
2. Slice the onion and cook it in 1 Tablespoon oil. Cook over medium heat until caramelized. Set aside.
3. Slice the eggplant and add another Tablespoon of oil to the same pan. Cook the eggplant and garlic over medium heat for 2 mins. Then, add the balsamic vinegar and cook until the eggplant is browned.
4. Again, I made my own pizza crust with wheat flour, millet, salt, 1 scoop mashed potatoes, water, and Italian seasonings, but you could buy yours. You can also substitute your favorite gluten-free crust.
5. Lay out your crust, add a thin layer of tomato paste and sprinkle thyme and cayanne pepper onto the sauce. Add your onions, red pepper, eggplant, and tomatoes. Smooth mashed potatoes on like cheese and bake it! Hope you enjoy!