Shared by Blog Read the Post!
Source Adapted from Family Living Classics: Our Favorite Cookies
Preparation Time20-30 minutes
Serves12 small cookies
|2 tablespoons||coconut oil|
|2||medjool dates||pitted and chopped|
|1/2 cup||raw almonds|
|1/2 cup||raw walnuts|
|1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons||fresh ginger||(not powdered)|
|2 teaspoons||carob powder|
|2 teaspoons||amber agave nectar||or honey|
|2 tablespoons||dried cherries||(or cranberries)|
1. In a food processor, process the walnuts and almonds to a flour-like consistency.
2. Add chopped dates, coconut oil, and then mix.
3. Add cinnamon, carob powder, fresh ginger, salt, and then mix. Periodically use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the food processor to make sure the spices are mixed throughout.
4. Add the agave nectar and blend until it looks like cookie dough.
5. Add the dried cherries and pulse until they are slightly chopped and distributed evenly throughout the dough.
6. Refrigerate the cookie dough until firm and then roll into balls.
7. Roll balls in chopped walnuts for a final garnish.