Source Food Swoon
Preparation Time~1 hour and 10 minutes
Serves4 - 6Q
|1/3 cup||olive oil|
|2 lbs||spinach||washed, drained and finely chopped into strips|
|salt and pepper|
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Pack the chopped spinach into an oiled casserole dish (or individual oval ramekins). Pack in the spinach as much as possible, as it will cook down considerably.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. With a sieve or sifter, evenly dust the top with flour.
5. Drizzle the oil on top of the floured spinach in a criss-cross pattern.
6. Bake the gratin(s) at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes, then turn down the heat to 375 degrees F and cook for an additional hour. (If using individual ramekins, the final cooking time at 375 F will be approximately 30 minutes.)