Source BBC Good Food
Preparation Time~ 35 minutes
|300g||basmati rice||(washed 3 times)|
|100ml||curry paste||(we used Veeraswamy Hot Madras from Bart)|
|1 small||cinnamon stick|
|1 large||onion||finely sliced|
|1 L||chicken stock||or vegetable stock|
|25g||almonds||flaked and toasted|
|1 big handful||cilantro||chopped|
1. Fry the onions, bay and whole spices in the butter for 10 mins.
2. Sprinkle in the turmeric, then add the curry paste and cook until aromatic.
3. Add the rice and the raisins, stir and cook for a good few mins, then add the stock and bring to the boil.
4. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and when really boiling lower the heat and cook for 10 mins.
5. Turn the heat off but don't lift the lid and leave to sit for 20 mins.
6. Stir in half the almonds and coriander, with the rest of the coriander and the almonds thrown over the top.