Shared by Blog Read the Post!
Preparation Time30 mins prep, 2 hours simmering
Serves6 - 8
|35 lbs||stewing beef||(rough, not good quality, cut into 1” cubes, sprinkled with 1 tsp kosher salt)|
|2 tablespoons||white sugar|
|1 teaspoon||kosher salt|
|3 teaspoon||coriander powder|
|1 teaspoon||chilli powder||(heaping tsp if you like it hot)|
|3||red chillies||(hot), chopped|
|2 tablespoon||neutral oil like vegetable or grapeseed|
|Half 8 oz can||tomato paste||(8 tablespoons)|
|1/2 cup||Beef broth|
|fresh cilantro||(chop stalks to cook / use leaves to sprinkle when finished)|
1. 1. Fry onions in oil over medium high heat until they begin to brown, stir constantly for about 8 - 10 minutes.
2. 2. Add masala, fry for 1 minute.
3. 3. Add powders, fry for 1 minute.
4. 4. Add beef cubes, increase heat to HIGH and brown meat, about 7 minutes.
5. 5. Add yogurt, tomato puree, beef stock and coriander stalks.
6. 6. Bring to boil, then simmer over LOW heat for 2 hours. You can stir it once or twice but not necessary. Optional: 5 minutes before serving, stir in 1 cup of frozen peas.
7. 7. Stir coriander leaves into curry and serve with Basmati rice and garnish with more coriander.