recipe added Mar 3, 2010 8:23:16 PM byJill
Preparation Time2 hours
|8-10 cloves, minced||garlic|
|2 diced||yellow onion|
|1 pound||country sausage (mild)|
|3-4 cups, roughly chopped||Kale|
|1 and 1/2 cup||cream|
|2 tablespoons||olive oil|
1. Saute the onions in the olive oil until translucent.
2. Add the sausage and saute until brown, stirring constantly to break up the pieces.
3. Add the garlic and kale, saute until the kale has mostly wilted.
4. Add enough water to completely submerge the other ingredients and simmer for ~45 minutes.
5. Turn the heat down BELOW BOILING and add the cream. Do not scald the milk by adding it at too high a temperature!
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. Red pepper flakes can be delicious as well.