Preparation Time1 hr
|6 chop finely||fresh garlic|
|1/4 cup chopped||shallot|
|1/2 cup chopped||scallions|
|2 T||dried parsley|
|1 1/2 - 2 lb. chunked||lamb shoulder|
|4 medium diced||tomatoes|
|3 thick slices||parsnips|
|2 thick slices||carrots|
|1/2 orange||orange zest|
|1/2 tsp or to taste||cinnamon|
|2 T||olive oil|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
1. For Lamb and Veggies: Saute onion and 3 garlic cloves in 1 T oil and a little butter, remove to medium sized pot.
2. Chunk the lamb and remove fat (or chunk lamb after cooking). Dry chunks with paper towels and saute until brown (~2mins on each side). Add chunks and bone to pot.
3. Add tomatoes, zest, cumin, cinnamon, and water to cover. Bring pot to a simmer.
4. Once simmering, add parsnips and carrots. Simmer until lamb and veggies are tender.
5. For Mashed Cauliflower: cut cauliflower into chunks, steam until soft.
6. Saute shallot and 3 garlic cloves in 1 T oil and 1 T butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Boil potatoes until soft.
8. In a food processor or in a large bowl combine cauliflower, sauteed mixture, potatoes, scallions, and milk (optional)and/or parmesan cheese (optional). Blend or beat with a mixer until smooth.
9. To serve, place a couple scoops of mash and stew in a bowl. Enjoy!